FURNITURE AND ROOM GUIDELINES
Bed bugs thrive under certain conditions which are enhanced by the availability of hiding spots close to their human hosts. Bed bugs have a strong preference for paper and wood, over metal and plastic. Porous surfaces provide more humidity and egg-laying locations. Furniture choices can greatly contribute to the control of bed bugs.
• Use white or light colored furniture for easy inspection
• Mattress encasements are zippered enclosures that cover the entire mattress, as if it were bagged. Encasements should always be used for non-vinyl mattresses and box springs in bed bug prevention and management. Special bed bug-proof encasements are made of high-quality cloth material, so they do not tear easily, and they have no folds around the zipper for bed bugs to find shelter.
• If a box spring is being used, be sure to encase it too. The box spring is more likely to harbor bed bugs than the mattress.
• Discard any wicker furniture. Wicker provides infinite harborage to bed bugs and is impossible to treat effectively
We don’t any want to think about Bed Bugs, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. A little common sense can help lessen your risk, and cut down on the cost of removing them in case of an infestation.
The SleepSense Bed Bug Pack Plus includes our SleepSense protection products to keep your bedroom safeguarded. These mattress and box spring protectors provide the perfect way to protect against dust mites, bed bugs, and allergens.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Sleep Calm 9-12” mattress encasement keeps out bed bugs while repelling stains and spills.
• Sleep Calm Wrap box spring wrapper fits up to 9” packed in a suitcase-handle bag.
• Two standard-sized Sleep Calm pillow protectors (Twin and Twin XL sizes come with one).